With the training system at Harkerville, Knysna complete, we are now scheduling our Practical Aquaponics training courses. This intensive hands-on course includes both theoretical and practical training in all aspects of Aquaponics (AP) from design, building and commissioning a system to day-to-day maintenance and trouble-shooting.
Some topics covered in the course are;
- An Introduction to AP.
- A comparison of AP to pure Aquaculture systems
- A comparison of AP to pure Hydroponic systems.
- The Fish.
- The Plants.
- Planning, site selection and other considerations.
- The materials list (what you will need).
- How it all fits together (various basic designs)
- Costing and Economic considerations.
- Fish/Plant selection and Marketing Considerations.
- Visits to other local AP sites.
The duration of the course is 2 days and the course fee includes transfers from and back to George Airport, 2 nights accommodation onsite at the Masescha Resort, a visit to other AP sites in the area, all meals (excluding drinks), the course, as well as a free copy of the publication, Aquaponics – The Synaptoman way.
We also have a special accomodation only rate for spouses/children/partners who would like to accompany delegates.
Our January 2010 course is fully-booked but we still have places for our February 2010 course, which runs from 22 February to 24 February 2010. Places are strictly limited to ensure individual attention to all delegates.
Email me at aquaculture(at)knysna.sa.com * for further details.
Cheers for now
* (replace the (at) with @ to foil the spammers)
An image of the completed training system, all ready for plants and fish.