Aquaponics 101 – The dragon arises.

We have had 3 good days at the commercial site. Todays temperature pushed 34 degrees and this is supposed to be Autumn !! We have now completed about 80% of the greenhouse frame. We started by digging 22 small foundations and laying a small (100mm) layer of concrete at the bottom. Then we started assembling the frame. Each joint had to be bolted to prevent the pipes pulling out of each other as follows;

Here are some views of the frame. We should get it finished tomorrow and then commence with all the supporting struts and the plastic next week.

Once we level and strut the frame, we fill the holes with concrete to keep everything perfectly level and in place.

With the plastic on next week we then have the luxury of continuing work even when the rains come.

Enough for now.

Synaptoman

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: