Received some Baby Octopus in the shop today. Uncle Pat Oysters & Seafood
Might try this recipe tonight;
Baby Octopus with Tomato, Chillies and Basil
by Giorgio Locatelli from Giorgio Locatelli Pure Italian
Full of gutsy Mediteranean flavours, Giorgio Locatelli’s octopus recipe makes an excellent starter
* Servings: 4 as a starter
* Level of difficulty: Easy
* Preparation Time: 30 minutes
* Cooking Time: 15 minutes
* 2 tbsp Olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
* 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 2 fresh red chillies, deseeded and chopped
* 400g baby octopus, cleaned and cut into small pieces
* 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp White wine
* 2 Tomatoes, peeled and diced
* 4 tbsp Tomato Sauce
* 10 basil leaves, shredded
* 4 slices Tuscan or other Italian bread, toasted
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chillies, and gently fry for a minute or two without letting them burn.
2. Add the octopus and fry for few minutes, turning once, until white.
3. Pour in the wine and simmer briskly to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and the tomato sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the basil leaves and simmer for 2 minutes more.
5. Place some octopus and the sauce in the middle of each plate. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Set the toasted bread on the side and serve.